Dr. David Amory Orthopedic Surgeon
His professional interests include total joint replacement of the knee and hip and spine surgery. He is currently doing a minimally invasive "quad sparing" approach for total knee replacements. This muscle sparing approach does seem to speed up recovery significantly. Dr. Amory also specializes in minimally invasive total hip replacements through either an anterior or posterior approach. Additionally a custom table call the "Hanna" table, has allowed Dr. Amory to perform direct anterior hip replacement through a four to five inch incision.
This muscle splitting technique speeds recovery and his significantly less chance of dislocation than the standard posterior approach.
Dr. Amory also specializes in hip resurfacing for younger, more active patients and use of the NAVIO Robotic Surgical system for accurate alignment of Unilateral Knee Arthroplasty and Total Knee Arthroplasty.
Dr. Amory truly enjoys seeing patients improve their quality of life and decreasing their level of pain.
Undergraduate:University of Washington, B.S., Mechanical Engineering (6/87)
Graduate:Tulane University School of Public Health, M.P.H. (6/91)
Medical:Tulane University School of Medicine, M.D. (6/91)
Internship:University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics,
General Surgery (7/91-6/92)
Residency:University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Orthopaedic Surgery (7/91-6/96)
Fellowship:The Chicago Spine Fellowship, Rush Presbyterian- St. Lukes Medical Center/Shriners Hospital (8/96-7/97)
- Tau Beta Pi
- Pi Tau Sigma
- Varsity Letterman, University of Washington-Rowing 85,86 Dean's
- Merit Scholarship, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Chief Administrative Resident, Orthopaedics, University of Illinois 95,96
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons
- Fellow, North American Spine Society
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Chief Division of Orthopaedics - Tri-City Medical Center 2004 - 2006
- Vice Chairman Department of Surgery - Tri-City Medical Center - 2006 - 2007
Consultant Staff:The Glen Ellyn/Wheaton Clinic, 8/97 - 6/00
Primary Care Associates Medical Group, 6/00 - present
Hospital Staff:Central Dupage Hospital, Winfield, IL 8/97 - 6/00
Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL 8/97 - 6/00
Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside, CA 6/00 - present
Scripps Memorial Hospital, Encinitas, CA 6/00 - present
- The Microbiology of Upper Extremity Infections: At Musculoskeletal Infections Society Meeting: Snowmass, CO, August 1995
- Infections of Hand and Upper Extremity: At the .American Orthopaedic Association Residents Conference: Baltimore, MD, March 1996.
- The Effectiveness of Spinal Stabilization in Children with Cerebral Palsy and Cerebral Palsy-Like Conditions: Spine Fellows Symposium: New Orleans, LA, November 1996.
- Spinal Deformity in Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury Patients: Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America: Banff, Alberta, Canada, May 1997.
- Staging of Surgeries, Timing and Sequencing of Combined Procedures·. Scoliosis Research Society. St. Louis CME course, St. Louis, MO, September 1997.
- Spinal Deformity in Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury Patients: Scoliosis Research Society, St. Louis, MO, September 1997.
- The Effectiveness of Spinal Stabilization in Children with Cerebral Palsy and Cerebral Palsy-Like Conditions: Scoliosis Research Society, New York, NY· 1998·
- Amory, D. W., and Gonzalez, M. H.: Upper Extremity Infections, Orthopaedic Transactions, 1998.
- Godfried, D. H., Amory, D. W., Vogel, L. C., and Lubicky, J.P.: Spinal Deformity in Pediatric Spinal Cord Iniury Patients, Orthopaedic Transactions,. 1998.
- Amory, D. W., Godfried, D. H., Hammerberg, K.W., and Lubicky, J.P.: The Effectiveness of Spinal Stabilization in Children with Cerebral Palsy and Cerebral Palsy-like Conditions: Orthopaedic Transactions 1998.
- Godfried, D. H., Amory, D. W., and Lubicky, J. P.: The Halo Milwaukee Brace: Spine, December 1999.
- Amory, D. W., God.fried, D. H., Hammerberg, K. W., andLubicky_, J. P.: Effectiveness of Spinal Stabilization in Children with Cerebral Palsy and Cerebral Palsy-Like Conditions. Submitted for Publication.
Dr. Amory's Reviews
Dr. Amory and his staff are very professional and compassionate . I would recommend Dr. Amory to anyone in need of orthopedic surgery. He is a really cool guy!
~ Virginia Miyares ~